Tuesday 24 February 2015

Unrequited love

A young woman goes to the doctor. She shows him a photograph of a young man.

"Doctor, I am so much in love with this man. I can't sleep. I can't function at all. I want him. I need him. He's not interested in me, and it hurts me so much. I am suffering. I will die if I can't have him. Is there anything you can do for me?"

The doctor thinks for a moment and then informs her, "I can find this man for you. We have therapies we can give him and drugs. Possibly mild electric shocks and hypnotism. I can make him love you."

The doctor's assistant traces the young man and he is subjected to these treatments, and falls in love with the girl whom he marries. They live happily ever after.

And, because the doctor made the lady happy, so she was no longer suffering or suicidal, what he did was right.

I mean, if there are no moral objections to providing a woman with the child she so wants but can't have, why should there be anything wrong with getting her the man she wants? She's suffering, and it would be inhumane not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment